If you are dealing with a troubled teen, then you are aware of the disruption he can cause in his environment as well as his own healthy development. Issues like defiance, depression, substance abuse and mental disorders cause many parents to turn to full time help programs in order to give their son the intensive help he needs. Although facilities such as boys military schools and boot camps in Ohio will keep your son closer to home, we encourage you to explore your options before making a decision. There are many advantages to placing your son in an outside environment, including:
- Entirely new surroundings where troubled teens can be free of the triggers, temptations and pressures they associate with their current life. Each boy is encouraged to make positive changes with a clean slate.
- Parents and teens can get some distance from each other while they individually work on gaining the tools they need for more effective communication and a healthier relationship.
- Residential treatment centers also offer respite for parents that need a break from the worry and power struggles that define raising a troubled teen. While they recuperate, their son is supported and coached by trained counselors dedicated to helping him manage his challenges.
- Each state has different laws and requirements that oversee teen help programs, which means that factors such as licensing, accreditation and background checks are all subject to their location. Utah has the strictest and most comprehensive laws in the nation and is particularly popular among conscientious parents.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Unique
Sundance Canyon Academy is a residential treatment center located in northern Utah. We specialize in helping troubled teen boys learn the skills they need in order to solve or manage the issues that are holding them back. We have developed a relationship based therapy system that is designed to help our students identify and focus on the root of their problems in order to heal completely. Unlike boys military schools and boot camps in Ohio, which generally offer behavioral modification therapy methods, we believe that total healing requires more than just symptom management. This strength based approach engages students through a variety of therapy modalities, an accredited academic program, recreational activities and life skills opportunities. Each student is the agent of his own change through a plan of care and goals that are specifically created for him. We also provide an Aftercare program that supports teens and their parents through the transition home.
Some of the things your teen may be dealing with include:
- In 2018, over 1600 teens were arrested for illegal activities like substance abuse, property crime and violent crime.
- 10.3% experiment with illicit drugs.
- 7.5% admit to regularly using marijuana
- 38,000 teen males and 42,000 teen girls are dependent on alcohol.
- Ohio is 24th in the country for suicide.
- 13.3% of children are diagnosed with ADHD each year.
- 30 -39% teen pregnancy rate.
Sundance Canyon Academy Supports You
We understand that raising a troubled teen is painful and frustrating and we want to help you navigate the process of selecting the best facility for him. While boys military schools and boot camps in Ohio are ideal in terms of location, we urge you to place the highest priority on experience and safety.
For a consultation about your son or more information on our program, please contact us today at Sundance Canyon Academy (866) 640-1899.