Most parents don’t expect to have to consider sending their child away for behavior intervention, so when their teen is displaying issues that cannot be controlled at home, they are unsure of where to turn. There are a variety of programs for troubled teens across the nation, but it can be hard to determine which one will be most effective. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time residential center that is designed to help troubled teens and their parents overcome the challenges that are causing issues at home. Through the help of experienced and supportive therapists and staff, we provide an environment of healing that caters specifically to teens and the ways that they learn and develop both physically and emotionally. Our holistic and evidence based approach will give your child their greatest chance at being able to move in a positive direction.
If your next step is looking for a facility for your troubled teen boy, we can help you determine which program is going to help him most. Contact us today at Sundance Canyon Academy, 866-678-2425 for a confidential and comprehensive consultation.
Why Should You Choose Sundance Canyon Academy?
We strongly believe that each teen has the capacity to make changes and turn their lives around with the right kind of intervention. Troubled adolescents do need rules and structure, but they also need to be therapeutically guided toward identifying the root of their problems so they can address issues at the ground level and give themselves a more successful start. We have developed a curriculum that is planned to motivate and engage our students and among the benefits we offer include:
- Holistic Methods – Most programs use behavior modification therapy as the cornerstone for their treatment, and while the method is sound, it really only targets the symptoms of a problem. Our approach encourages teen boys to identify their individual challenges in order to create the right treatment plan for them.
- Parental Involvement – Family support is essential for teens looking to make changes and we go a step further than the programs that encourage parental involvement from afar, with only a few visitation days. After the first few weeks that allow your son to settle, you are invited onto campus as often as you can. We also work to help you learn how to communicate more effectively and give your son the best support possible as he works to maintain his progress at home.
- Individualized Treatment Plans – We know that every boy is different and will not necessarily respond to a one size fits all approach. We create a specialized treatment plan for each of our students that changes as he makes progress.
- Education – Taking time away from school is a major consideration for many parents and we want to ensure that each teen is able to maintain his academic program or receive the extra tutoring he needs while he is here. Our educators are board certified and we are nationally accredited, so the work accomplished here will transfer when he moves on.
- Therapy – Talk therapy is important, but most teens respond more to the more experiential and hands on options. We offer a variety of modalities that include culinary, art, recreation and music therapy in formats that are designed to encourage confidence and positive self-esteem.
- Balance – We feel that learning how to successfully balance work and play is an important part of development, so we have incorporated this concept into our curriculum. We provide both life skills training and service projects into our daily and weekly routines.
- Aftercare – By the time your son returns home, he will have worked hard to create changes within himself and learn how to deal with temptations and his environment, but he may need to periodically check in with the staff and therapists he has come to trust. We offer an Aftercare option that gives you and your teen the right support to ensure that his re-entry into daily life is successful.
- Location – We are located in Utah, which might be a little further than you expected to send your son, but we also have the benefit of the safest and most comprehensive laws governing teen help facilities in the entire country. Each state is different and the ones closest to you may not be the best solution.
Challenges That Troubled Teen Boys Face
Teens these days face an increasing number of challenges that can lead to life altering choices. Drugs, alcohol, crime, sexual misconduct and undiagnosed mental disorders can all be helped through consistent and skilled therapy and intervention. If you are feeling discouraged that your efforts at home have not helped your son, we want to remind you that some troubled teen boys simply can’t make the changes they need to in their home environment where they are still subject to the temptations of everyday life. Finding him a full time residential treatment center for troubled teens where he will be able to receive care in a loving and supportive environment might be the best thing you can do for him. We understand that sending your son away is an intimidating prospect and we are here to answer your questions, address your concerns and help you feel confidence in your choice. Our primary goal is to give your son the best and most effective care possible and give you the peace of mind you need to recover and reclaim your relationship with him.
Why Should You Consider An Out Of State Treatment Center For Boys Instead Of One Closer To Home?
While most parents want to keep their son nearby, there are a surprising number of benefits in sending teens a little further away. Teen psychology experts suggest that a change of surroundings can be ideal for change as teens feel more free of the stigmas and identity they have developed at home. They are more free to explore and positively reinvent themselves. Contact us now for a consultation and to discuss how our program may be the best option for your troubled teen son 866-678-2425. We have helped hundreds of teens and their families throughout the country and we look forward to helping you as well.