If your troubled teen has not responded to any of your efforts to help him, you may be looking for a military school or boot camp in North Carolina. We can help you find a solution that is effective for your son and gives you peace of mind. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time residential treatment center where troubled boys can deal with issues like defiance, anger, depression, substance abuse or mental disorders in a healthy way. Located in the heart of the west, we offer both a progressive therapy program and easy access to the outdoor recreational experiences that are so effective for the healthy development of teen boys. Here, they will learn to manage their issues and replace bad habits with positive ones.
Finding the right kind of program for your teen is essential to helping him make changes that will last. While many parents turn to military schools and boot camps in Michigan in search of a school with consistency and structure, neither of those options are necessarily going to be the most effective, for example:
- Military schools are an ideal way for teens to get a head start on a career in the military; however, they do not provide a therapeutic component to their curriculum. Teens with mental or emotional issues would not get these needs addressed.
- Boot camp and wilderness programs were once one of the most popular options for troubled teens, but recent studies have shown that the intimidation and depravation practiced in such solutions ultimately did more harm than good. While participants changed their behavior temporarily, they soon went back to old habits because the root of the overall issue remained.
For questions and concerns about military schools and boot camps in North Carolina, or the benefits that we can offer your son at Sundance Canyon Academy, please contact us today at 866-678-2425. We are ready to help you find the option that best fits your family’s needs.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
We provide a variety of therapy modalities, which include family, group and individual along with experiential and recreational therapies. When combined with our life skills opportunities and accredited academic program, we are able to provide each student with an individualized plan of care and goals that are unique to his needs and learning style. Our Aftercare option guides both teens and their parents through the transition home, allowing them to maintain the work they accomplished here. We differ from other schools because we believe that our students must dig a little deeper to identify the core of their issues and heal from the inside out. Many programs use behavioral modification therapy techniques, which only address the symptoms of the greater problem. Our well-regulated and supportive environment helps boys become the agents of their own change for longer lasting results.
How Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Help Your Troubled Son
We have spent many years developing a program that caters to the needs and goals of troubled teens and utilizes the most effective ways that they learn and grow. Some of the benefits you can expect from our program are:
- Experiential Therapy – Our students do more than simply participate in the tradition Group, Family and Individual therapy sessions. We also offer experiential options like recreation, art, culinary and music therapy as well. These hands on opportunities help boys learn to express their creativity, practice healthy interpersonal relationships and find new ways to develop confidence.
- Parental Involvement – We welcome input and participation from the parents of our students. We believe that you are an important part of his healing process and you will be a more effective support system once he returns home if you are more familiar with the steps he has had to take to meet his goals.
- Challenging Environment – Your teen can work on making lasting and positive changes away from the temptations and distractions he deals with at home. New surroundings encourage confidence and help boys start over with a clean slate.
- Respite – Dealing with a troubled teen is a full time job and it is emotional exhausting. Our program offers you the chance to get some respite from the daily stress and hypervigilance, while knowing that your son is in safe and experienced hands.
- Academics – We offer fully licensed instructors that will help your son work through a nationally accredited academic program at a pace that works for him and his learning style.
- Location – Each state has its own laws overseeing teen help programs, which means that licensing, accreditation and safety measures are subject to location. Utah is currently the state with the most comprehensive regulations and is highly sought out by parents that want high standard facilities.
Common Challenges Faced By Teens Needing Military Schools And Boot Camps
Teens must work harder than ever to navigate many of the challenges that face them and their peers. There are many behaviors that can lead to potentially permanent consequences.
For North Carolina teens:
- 14.3% abuse alcohol and 8.9% binge drink.
- 35th in the nation for teen suicide.
- 49.8% teen pregnancy rate
- 15.6% of children diagnosed with ADHD each year.
- The U.S. Department of Justice stated in 2008 that they made over 2500 teen arrests for things like substance abuse, weapons violations and crime.
- 78% statewide high school graduation rate.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we believe that every troubled teen is capable of making positive life changes as long as he has the right kind of help. We provide individualized treatment for every student in our program and we are equipped to help your son meet his emotional and mental challenges and become the healthy and competent young man you know he can be. Issues like those listed above can disrupt healthy adolescent development and require a more therapeutically immersive environment than you can provide at home. We provide a home where troubled boys can heal and discover their full potential
Sundance Canyon Academy May Be A More Effective Solution For Your Son Than The Military Schools And Boot Camps In North Carolina
We have the same goal you do. We want to see your struggling teen recover and for your family to regain peace and unity. Although placing your son in a military school and boot camp would keep him closer to home, we encourage you to remember that location is less important than selecting a program that is both safe and an effective fit for your child.
Please call us today at Sundance Canyon Academy, 866-678-2425. We have helped hundreds of troubled boys find the path back to health and happiness and we are confident that we can help your son as well.
We Help Boys Throughout North Carolina, Including:
Charlotte, Raleigh, Huntersville, Kannapolis, Burlington, Wilson, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, Fayetteville, Concord, Gastonia, Cary, Wilmington, Greenville, Asheville, High Point, and Jacksonville.