Lots of teenagers go through a rebellious phase but if your son is struggling with emotional, behavioral or mental health issues, it may be time to get some professional help for him. Consistent therapy in a safe and supportive environment is often the only way that troubled teens can get back on a path toward a successful future instead of engaging in risky behavior that can harm themselves or others. Sundance Canyon Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that provides full time treatment and academic help to teen boys from New Hampshire and across the country. Our location allows teenagers to start a new chapter in their lives, and make those positive changes they so desperately need. Instead of limiting your teen to therapeutic boarding schools in New Hampshire, consider Sundance Canyon Academy.
Please contact Sundance Canyon Academy at 1-866-678-2425 for a free consultation and to get more information on exactly what we can do to help your troubled teenage son.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
Sundance Canyon Academy is not like therapeutic boarding schools in New Hampshire. We are held to some of the strictest laws and standards in the whole country for the teen help industry. Many states don’t have such strict laws, but our programs meet the highest standards and many parents gain peace of mind knowing their teen son is enrolled at Sundance Canyon Academy.
Lots of other programs focus on behavior modification, which teaches teens how to control their behavior but doesn’t really get to the root of the problems causing the bad behavior. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we believe in healing and therapy to get teen boys back to a healthy state of mind, and the behavior follows. As the teens grow more positive and develop self-confidence, they choose to work harder and do what it takes to be successful. Our approach combines various types of therapy, academic support and lots of recreation and life skills. Our skilled staff adjusts the process to each student’s unique combination of needs for lasting, long-term results.
Benefits of Therapeutic Boarding Schools for Troubled Teens in New Hampshire
Therapeutic boarding schools are residential treatment programs that focus on helping troubled teenagers overcome their challenges by treating mental health issues, teaching healthy coping skills, mentoring in positive behavior and getting them back up to speed academically. The reason these programs are so successful is that the boys are removed from their current negative environment where they feel frustrated, ignored, or punished all the time. In the school’s neutral setting, triggers are minimized and there are qualified staff members always around to help guide the boys to a better path.
Here are just a few of the benefits of a therapeutic boarding school for troubled boys in New Hampshire:
- All-encompassing therapy, both individual and group sessions allow teen boys to get help for their emotional, behavioral and mental health issues. Not only do they learn to deal with their issues, but the therapy helps them learn about being accountable for every action they choose.
- Healing family relationships is important, because often troubled teens do and say things that cause hurt and pain. Therapeutic boarding schools give teens and parents some space, so they can re-establish relationships and learn to relate to each other in a whole new way. Setting goals, making changes together, and working toward a common goal are important steps in re-establishing family relationships.
- Academic support is usually needed because troubled boys generally aren’t doing well in traditional schools. Therapeutic boarding schools have licensed teachers that help with grade and credit repair, and get the boys up to grade level in all subjects.
- Life skills. Therapeutic boarding school students have the chance to learn how to become more independent via daily tasks and teamwork. Fitness, leadership, cooking, budgeting, recreation activities, art, music, and more also help balance out all the work with some play.
What troubled teen boys learn at therapeutic boarding school are just right for developing key skills that are essential for a healthy life. They also get to the root of their behavior issues and build self-confidence. Sundance Canyon Academy is the best place for troubled teen boys from New Hampshire and we encourage parents to check out how we can help.
Issues That Troubled Teenage Boys In New Hampshire Face
When teens don’t get therapy for their problems, they often try to fun away from their problems by engaging in risky behavior. Often, the behavior puts the teen at risk, and bad decisions may result in serious and significant consequences.
Some of the more serious statistics for teens in New Hampshire include:
- Alcohol use: 9.7% of New Hampshire teens abuse alcohol and 11.9% are binge drinking
- Drug use: 8.9% of New Hampshire teens use marijuana and illicit drug use by teens is 4.6%
- Juvenile arrests: In one year, there were 771 arrests for property crime and 84 arrests for violent crime
- Suicide: New Hampshire ranks 24th in the nation for teen suicide
- Graduation rates: Only 86% of New Hampshire teens graduate from high school
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that every teen deserves a second chance, no matter how much risky behavior he has engaged in. We know your son has the potential to turn his life around and we want to be there for him as he does it. Turning weakness into strength is what we do best and we want to help as many troubled teens as we can.
Our Out-Of-State School is a Better Choice Than Therapeutic Boarding Schools in New Hampshire
Don’t limit your search for the best school to the boundaries of your state. There are many reasons to look across the country for just the right program. Sundance Canyon Academy in Utah is an excellent option over therapeutic boarding schools in New Hampshire. Even though it seems extreme, it’s often the best thing for your troubled teen. After careful research, you will soon see that we are a good fit for your son’s needs. Look at the unique benefits that Sundance Canyon Academy offers, and take time to review our success rates. You won’t be disappointed.
For a free consultation, please call Sundance Canyon Academy at 1-866-678-2425. Learn how we’ve helped hundreds of families find the support and therapy their troubled teens needed.
Sundance Canyon Academy Helps Troubled Boys In These New Hampshire Cities:
Manchester, Portsmouth, Nashua, Dover, Keene, Salem, Derry, Exeter, Londonderry, Hampton, Bedford, Lebanon, Rochester, Hanover, Conway, Somersworth, Lincoln, Hudson, Loudon, Windham, Gilford, Hooksett, Durham, Amhurst, Littleton, Merrimack, Laconia