If your teen has been engaging in behavior that is putting his development at risk, we can help you find a solution that will help him turn his life around. Sundance Canyon Academy is a premiere teen help facility that treats teen boys from Alabama and is worth a look from parents who want the best for their sons. With a unique approach to healing, Sundance Canyon Academy’s progressive program ensures that teen boys are able to make positive changes in an environment of consistency and support.
If you are looking for more information about therapeutic boarding schools in Alabama and the ways that our program at Sundance Canyon Academy can help your teen, please contact us at 866-678-2425 for a consultation.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
Over the years, we have honed our program to address the challenges that teens face in a way that is both effective and long lasting. Our approach differs from that of many other teen help facilities in that we encourage our students to identify the root of their behavior and focus on healing from the inside out. Many programs use a behavioral modification therapy method, which only addresses the symptoms of the greater problem. Through a combination of therapy and support, our students are able to become the agents of their own change and develop skills that they can rely on for the rest of their lives.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Offer Your Troubled Son
Many experts recommend that troubled teens enroll in a therapeutic boarding school, where they can get out of their current negative environment and into a neutral place with 24-hour structure and supervision. Sundance Canyon Academy’s unique and proven methods treat boys for a range of issues, from depression and low self-esteem to substance abuse and defiance. Some of the factors that make our program unique are:
- Therapy – It includes individual and group therapy provided by licensed and qualified professionals. As each student progresses and start to heal, their plan of care is modified to meet each need on the road to recovery.
- Academics – Qualified teachers make sure that boys continue to learn to stay at grade level and even excel. Individualized education plans are prepared and carried out to ensure the teen boys have a plan for their future.
- Life Skills – Transitioning from teen to adult is difficult and life skills classes teach boys how to be independent and care for themselves and others. They participate in things like recreation, cooking, art and music therapy as well as community service opportunities
- Recreation – Utah is an outdoor playground and teens can participate in a range of activities designed to boost self-esteem, teach good values and simply enjoy life.
- Aftercare – It’s one thing to succeed in a structured facility, but transitioning back to the home or to the adult world is tough. We provide support to both our students and their parents so that they can transition successfully back into day to day life.
Teens In Alabama Face Many Challenges
Navigating the adolescent years can be difficult, especially in today’s media driven world. Depression, crime and substance abuse are all things that can lead to potentially permanent consequences for your son. Some of the statistics for teens in Alabama are:
- 10.4 percent of teens report experimenting with illicit drugs each month.
- Approximately 5.4 percent of teen report a dependence on alcohol
- 2008 report from the U.S. Department of Justice stated that in that year, there were 176 teen arrests for violent crime, 924 arrests for property crime and 242 arrests for drug abuse.
- Alabama ranks 29th in the nation for suicide.
- Pregnancy rates for teens between 64.2 percent per 1000.
- 14.3 percent of kids between 4 and 17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- Alabama’s statewide high school graduation rate is 72 percent.
Therapeutic boarding schools, residential treatment centers and similar facilities are safe places where troubled teen boys can receive help from professionals in overcoming their individual challenges. When parents, teachers and school counselors cannot make a difference, no matter how well-intentioned, it’s definitely time for a full-time facility to intervene.
We are confident that every troubled teen has the ability to make changes and turn his life around with the right kind of help and support. Removing him from his regular environment, with its triggers and temptations is a highly effective way to help him become receptive to the therapy that will allow him to change his mind set and create better life goals. Sundance Canyon Academy is an ideal location for teen boys from Alabama to learn, thrive and grow.
Are Therapeutic Boarding Schools In Alabama The Best Solution, Or Should You Consider An Out Of State Option?
The therapeutic boarding school doesn’t need to be in Alabama to be effective, and many feel that out-of-state schools are better for teens trying to make a big life change. Additionally, each state has its own laws and regulations when it comes to teen help programs and the ones closest to you may not be the best match for your teen. Utah is a particularly popular location for therapeutic boarding schools because it has the most comprehensive laws in the nation. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we take great pride in offering even greater quality than is always required of us.
We believe that your son has the capacity to become the mature and happy young man you know he can be and we are confident that we can help him get there. Call us today and let us help you restore peace and unity to your family. 866-678-2425
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Serving Troubled Boys Throughout The State Of Alabama, Including:
Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Auburn, Decatur, Dothan, Bessemer, Florence, Gadsden, Prichard, Phenix City, Selma