North Dakota teens are like their peers across the country when it comes to mental health issues like depression, anxiety, abuse trauma and more. Parents might mean well, but there is really no healing in store for these teens unless they get professional therapy. When teenage boys in North Dakota aren’t able to be successful in school or at home, it may be time to start researching residential treatment centers in North Dakota and elsewhere. It could mean the difference of a bright future or a dark one for teen boys
Sundance Canyon Academy provides academic and therapeutic support for teens in North Dakota. Please call 1-866-678-2425 for additional details.
Will Residential Treatment Centers in North Dakota Help?
Parents of North Dakota teens may not know much about residential treatment centers, and think they are some kind of detention camp. In reality, residential treatment centers are a mix of therapeutic programs and academic programs, managed by caring and qualified staff members that really want to help kids heal. The more parents learn about residential therapy programs, the more likely they are to see that they may be the right choice for struggling teen boys.
Traditional schools simply aren’t equipped to deal with teens who require major assistance for mental health and behavior issues. Specialized schools are designed to help struggling kids identify their issues, develop strategies to overcome them, and support them as they get their lives back on track. It’s a win-win situation for teens and parents.
Picking the Right Residential Treatment Centers in North Dakota
Residential treatment centers are not all the same, and parents need to do some research into the differences so they will know that the one they choose is the best fit for their child. The most important thing that parents need to know is that they don’t have to choose a treatment program just because it is close to home. Choosing a residential treatment center in North Dakota isn’t the only option. Instead, they should research programs across the country and find one that has a good success rate, compatible treatment philosophy and more.
Sundance Canyon Academy is a better choice than residential treatment centers in North Dakota for many reasons. One of the main reasons why SCA is so well-respected is because of its location and the strict laws that regulate teen therapy program operations here. Other states enact few or no rules to manage such programs. Parents who enroll their teens in a Utah program like the Academy can feel comforted knowing that they are attending one of the best in the country.
Daily Life at a Residential Treatment Center Like Sundance Canyon Academy
Rather than enroll teens in a residential treatment center in North Dakota, many parents in that state choose SCA, especially after they learn more about a typical day there.
Teens at this residential center receive all these activities and more:
- Communal living opportunities for teens. This setup allows teens to live in small groups and work together to make the living space work. Teens will get to help with chores, cooking, laundry, cleanup and more.
- Group therapy plus individual sessions. Since so many teens are at residential centers for mental health issues, therapy is a big part of helping the boys recover. Experienced and licensed therapists work with the teens to uncover what their obstacles in life are, and figure out a path to overcome them.
- Academic support and classes. Highly qualified and certified teachers help teens repair credit, earn new credit and work to receive a diploma. Classes are small and there is a lot of help available.
- Extracurricular activities. These are an important part of building each boy’s self-esteem and activities include art, sports, outdoor adventure, drama, and much more.
- Recreation therapy. Studies show that recreation therapy has a big impact on treating troubled teens, and generally includes activities like equine therapy, survival or wilderness skills, adventure sports, and more.
When North Dakota parents and teens know exactly what to expect at a residential treatment center, they are more likely to get the process started so that the teenager can go from struggling and school and home to successful in life. The Academy is an excellent alternative to residential treatment centers in North Dakota.
Choose Sundance Canyon Academy Over Residential Treatment Centers in North Dakota
There is simply no reason for North Dakota parents to enroll their child just anywhere, especially basing the selection criteria on geography only. By choosing Sundance Canyon Academy, parents and teenagers are making a decision to start a new chapter in the teen’s life, one full of healing, hope and endless potential.
With more North Dakota parents than ever entrusting their teens to Sundance Canyon Academy, won’t you call us for more information at 1-866-678-2425.
North Dakota Cities With Teens Who May Attend Sundance Canyon Academy
Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, West Fargo, Williston, Grand Forks, Mandan, Dickinson, Wahpeton, Jamestown, Valley City, Devils Lake, Grafton, and more.