What parent wouldn’t jump at the chance to send their troubled teenager to a safe and nurturing residential center to heal? Many parents are starting to search for residential treatment centers in Alaska so they can help their teen cease bad behavior and plan for a brighter future. Traditional schools and stressed out home lives simply aren’t the right place for teens with emotional and mental health hurdles to overcome. A residential therapy program may be the teen’s best chance.
Sundance Canyon Academy is a residential treatment center that welcomes teens from Alaska and across the country. Please contact us at 1-866-678-2425 for details on our program.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
Residential treatment centers in Alaska may claim to have all the answers for a troubled teen, but few of them have the successful record that Sundance Canyon Academy does. The programs at SCA are structured with therapy sessions, academic support and recreation and leisure time. Struggling boys can really get a good opportunity to reset their focus and restart their lives all over again. Experienced staff members at Sundance Canyon Academy know how to motivate teens and guide boys from Alaska to resolving their issues and striving to become better young men.
It’s hard for many Alaska parents to imagine enrolling their child in a therapeutic school program, but it’s even worse if the teens go on without any kind of intervention or therapy. As their grades slip down and their teachers get more frustrated, and school counselors simply aren’t equipped to handle significant mental health issues, teens act out in fear and frustration. Enrolling Alaska teen boys in a residential treatment center like Sundance Canyon Academy may be the clearest way to turn things around.
How to Choose the Best Residential Treatment Center in Alaska
Residential treatment centers in Alaska and across the country are not all the same. There are varying standards of treatment, and even different laws that regulate the teen help industry from state to state. Parents often make the mistake of picking a school or center that is closest to home, without regard to the success record, operational standards or treatment philosophy of the place. Just because a residential treatment center in Alaska is close by, doesn’t mean it is the right place for a troubled teen.
Choosing the best residential treatment center in Alaska sometimes means looking outside the state for the most comprehensive program in the country. That’s why so many parents choose Sundance Canyon Academy. Its location is ideal because it takes teens away from all the old familiar locations that can trigger bad behavior. It also means that SCA must meet some of the toughest laws in the country. Parents in Alaska can get peace of mind knowing that their child is in good hands at Sundance Canyon Academy.
Benefits of Residential Treatment Centers Like Sundance Canyon Academy
Teens from Alaska that attend a residential therapy school will gain a lot of benefits that will help them through adolescence and adulthood. Residential centers are different than a wilderness camp or a military school in several ways. Learning more about a program’s benefits means that both parents and teens will be better prepared for what is to come.
Here are 5 benefits of a residential therapy center for troubled teens in Alaska:
- Strong and stable community. From group living to positive peer pressure, troubled teens learn all about teamwork, helping others, respect, and more. They help with cooking, chores and other tasks that contribute to the group.
- Licensed therapists. Skilled and experienced counselors work with teens in both group therapy and individual sessions to uncover the underlying issues. Once their mental health issues are identified, the therapists work to create an individualized plan to overcome them.
- Academic emphasis. Troubled teens receive teacher-let support and get to earn or repair credit in small classes. These certified teachers are used to helping teens in trouble and point them toward academic success.
- Outdoor and recreational activities. From drama, art and sports to survival, wilderness and outdoor adventure, the activities at the treatment centers help with self-esteem and boosting overall enjoyment.
- Family therapy. To repair and restore relationships that may be damaged, there’s a focus on family therapy so parents and teens can get on the same page about current treatments and transitioning home again.
Alaska parents who want the best for their troubled teen should really start the process of finding a residential treatment center that can help their teen. Instead of picking one in Alaska, consider the Academy.
Pick Sundance Canyon Academy and Not Residential Treatment Centers in Alaska
Teens struggle with all kinds of issues, from anxiety and depression to substance abuse and mental illnesses. Wouldn’t it make sense for parents in Alaska to find the program that best fits their teenager’s needs instead of just locating the closest program? At Sundance Academy, teenagers are on track to improve themselves and their futures, thanks to an outstanding residential treatment program.
For more information on Sundance Canyon Academy, please contact 1-866-678-2425.
Troubled Teens in These Alaska Cities Should Attend Sundance Canyon Academy
Anchorage, Fairbanks, Sitka, Ketchikan, Juneau, Wasilla, Kenai, Kodiak, Unalaska, Barrow, Valdez, Kotzebue, Seward, Wrangell and Nome.