If you know that your troubled teen needs outside intervention, but you aren’t sure where to turn, we can help you find a solution. Sundance Canyon Academy is a residential treatment center that has been helping struggling boys from Oregon and throughout the country overcome their challenges and lead happier lives for many years.We are located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and we provide a program that is both supportive and therapeutically ahead of other facilities. If you are looking for a safe place where your son can be successfully guided toward a life where he can thrive, Sundance Canyon Academy is the place.
Selecting the right kind of help for your son is essential to helping him make the kind of changes that will last. Although military schools in Oregon may have been suggested to you as the best course of action, they may not be the best environment for your son to learn and grow. Consider the following:
- Military schools place a lot of emphasis on respect and obedience; however, their program does not allow for students with major emotional or mental issues that require therapy. Rather, they are designed for youth that want to get a head start on a career in the military.
- Boot camps used to be the standard solution for at risk and out of control teens, but recent studies have determined that the methods employed in such programs are short lived at best, and unhealthy at worst. While intimidation and deprivation may scare a teen into altering his behavior for a while, no real change can be made until he has addressed the core of what is causing him to act out in the first place.
For concerns or questions about military schools in Oregon and the ways that programs like ours at Sundance Canyon Academy are more effective, please call us today at 866-678-2425 for a no-pressure consultation. We are here to help you find the best solution for your family.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
We have many years of experience helping troubled teen boys move past their behavior issues to become confident and caring individuals. Our unique program is strength based, rather than relying on behavior modification therapy techniques. We feel that in order to create real change, teens must explore the root of their issues instead of simply attempting to manage the symptoms. Some of the other advantages that set us apart are:
- We offer a wide variety of therapy modalities in order to create a plan of care for each student that fits his needs. We also provide life skills opportunities that help our boys have a well-rounded experience and become more prepared for independence and day to day challenges.
- Our academic curriculum is fully accredited and overseen by licensed and highly qualified instructors and tutors. Your son can improve his grades or complete the credits he needs to graduate while being assisted at his own pace.
- We have developed an Aftercare program which helps students and their parents successfully transition back into home and daily life. We have found that this support greatly increases a student’s chances of maintaining the great progress he made.
- Parental involvement is highly encouraged in our program. We feel that teens heal best when they heal as a family.
- We take pride in offering one of the most high quality facilities available in the nation and abide by the most strict rules and regulations for teen help programs.
Common Challenges Faced By Teens Needing Military Schools In Oregon
Many of the challenges that teens must deal with have the potential for life changing consequences. These issues affect individuals, families and ultimately, the community as a whole.
For Oregon teens:
- 19% report regular use of marijuana.
- 29% abuse alcohol and 7% admit to binge drinking at least once a month.
- Oregon is 16th in the country for teen suicide.
- Oregon ranks 36 out of 50 states for pregnancy among women under 20.
- 10.8% of children receive an ADHD diagnosis each year.
- According to a 2017 report from the U.S. Department of Justice there were 504 juvenile arrests for substance abuse, 514 arrests for larceny and 59 arrests for aggravated assault.
- High school graduation rate is only 73%
If you have been exploring military schools in Oregon, then you have probably exhausted every option at home. We encourage you to not feel discouraged about your lack of success because many troubled teens need to be removed from their regular routine and surroundings before they can become receptive to help and change. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we offer a secure and supportive environment where your son can discover his strengths and learn how to successfully cope with triggers and temptations. We believe that full time care can be a life changing experience, if your son has the right help and guidance. We share your goal to see your troubled teen become a self-confident and healthy young man.
Sundance Canyon Academy May Be A More Effective Alternative Than The Military Schools In Oregon
We understand that the process of selecting a facility is emotional and intimidating. We want you to have confidence in your choice and peace of mind while your son is away. While it is understandable that you would want to consider military schools in Oregon in order to keep your son close to home, we encourage you to remember that the most important factor is placing him in a facility that is safe and experienced in the challenges he is facing.
Please contact us for questions about our program or a consultation about your son 866-678-2425. We are anxious to help your family find the way back to peace and unity.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Servicing All Of Oregon Including The Following Cities:
Portland, Salem, Eugene, Beaverton, Bend, Gresham, Hillsboro, Redmond, Tualatin, Medford, Springfield, Corvallis, Albany, Grants Pass, Oregon City, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Keizer, , McMinnville, and West Linn.