It is physically and emotionally exhausting to raise a teen with behavioral issues. When nothing you have tried at home seems to be working, full time therapeutic facilities can take some of the burden off of your shoulders and provide your teen a secure environment where he can get round the clock help. While parents often begin their search for a program by looking at military schools in North Carolina, there are many options throughout the country that might be a better fit for your son. In fact, a facility a little further from home has many benefits, including:
- Unique surroundings where teens are able to reinvent themselves without the triggers and temptations of their home environment. Negative social groups and bad habits can no longer impede the process of moving forward.
- Parents and their teens are able to take some time away from each other in order to individually focus on the issues that have led to poor communication. Supervised distance can be an effective way to rebuild the foundation of a relationship, but is impossible to get while living in the same household.
- Full time programs immerse troubled teens in a therapeutic environment while their parents get some respite from the constant stress and worry.
These are just some of the reasons why Sundance Canyon Academy has been more beneficial for struggling teens than a military school in North Carolina. We provide a unique program that is specifically designed to help teen boys with behavioral issues heal and become outstanding young men in the most effective way possible. Our curriculum offers a number of advantages, such as:
- A specially designed relationship based therapy program. Through a variety of therapy modalities and life skills opportunities, teen boys are able to identify and work on the core issues that have led to bigger problems. Other programs use behavior modification techniques, which only address the symptoms and not the cause.
- We have an accredited academic program which is overseen by fully qualified instructors. Regardless of where your son is in his education, we provide help and tutoring to allow each boy to work at his own pace. Credits earned at our facility are completely transferrable.
- Our Utah location means we are subject to the most comprehensive and strict health, safety and accreditation standards in the country. Parents throughout the nation are anxious to place their children in Utah programs in order to take advantage of the high standards. We consistently strive to exceed these standards in order to create an environment that is comfortable, supportive and effective.
- We have developed an Aftercare program which helps parents and their teens navigate the transition home. Because the first month or so of re-entry into home and daily life has great potential for backsliding, we have found that this support promotes long term results.
We understand that this is an unfamiliar process and you feel pressure to make sure that the option you pick is cost effective as well as a good fit for your son. We are here to answer your questions and we want you to feel confident in your choice. Although a military school in North Carolina will keep your son a little closer to home, we encourage you to explore all of your options and select the one that is the safest and most experienced in his particular challenges.
For questions about our program or a consultation, please contact us at 866-678-2425. We have helped hundreds of parents find the best path for their son and we are sure that we can help you as well.