If you are concerned about the future of your troubled teen, but don’t know where to turn, we can help you. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time residential treatment center that specializes in helping troubled boys from New York and throughout the country overcome issues like defiance, depression, anxiety, substance abuse and some mental disorders through unique and proven therapeutic methods. Not only are we dedicated to making sure that our students succeed, but we are also invested in helping the family as a whole develop better communication skills and healthier situation management. If you are looking for a solution that is supportive, caring and effective, Sundance Canyon Academy is the ideal facility.
Making sure that you have chosen a program that will address your son’s unique combination of needs is crucial to his successful experience. While you may have heard that military schools are the best places for troubled teens because they are particularly strict about respect and obedience, we encourage you to seek out a more therapeutic solution. Some of the deficits of military or boot camp style programs for teens include:
- Military schools require a certain type of behavior from their students, but they are not primarily created for that purpose. Rather, they are designed for teens that want a head start on a career in the military. They make no allowances for students that require a therapeutic approach to understand and correct their misbehavior.
- Although boot camps for teens used to be a popular option, many have been discredited in recent years for the short term results they offer. While deprivation and intimidation can lead to changes in behavior, most participants returned to old habits after they returned him because they never explored or fixed the root of the issue.
For questions about the advantages Sundance Canyon Academy can offer over military schools in New York, please call us today at 866-678-2425 for a free consultation.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
Many years of experience have gone into our specialized program and we have developed a curriculum that is both holistic and strength based. One of the factors that sets us apart from other facilities is our emphasis on identifying and exploring the core of the problem causing behavioral issues rather than simply focusing on the symptoms. Some of the other aspects of our unique program include:
- Although we encourage parents to be regularly involved in their son’s healing process, it can be helpful for them to get some physical distance and focus on individual issues and communication styles in order to strengthen the family unit.
- We keep our resident numbers low in order to ensure that each student gets regular one-on-one with his counselors and therapists. We believe that this helps boys go through the program more efficiently because the staff is able to update each student’s plan of care based on his weekly successes and complications.
- We offer a fully accredited academic program as part of our regular curriculum. Talented and qualified instructors and tutors help each student work through his educational requirements at his own pace.
- We are located in Utah, which has the most comprehensive laws in the country for teen help programs. We strive to exceed the already high standards required of us when it comes to health, safety and accreditation. We want to provide an environment that is effective for our students and gives peace of mind to their parents.
- Each teen is monitored and cared for by experienced professionals in a supportive environment while parents get a break from the constant stress and worry that comes with raising a troubled teen.
- Our Aftercare program supports both teens and their parents and they navigate the transition home.
Common Challenges Teens In New York Face
Issues that teens face today have the potential to change their lives in negative and sometimes permanent ways. Severe issues not only cause problems with a boy’s development, but can also affect the family unit and ultimately the community. Some of the statistics regarding teens in New York include:
- 12 percent of New York teens experiment with illicit drugs every month.
- 8.3 percent report regular marijuana use.
- New York is 49th in the nation for teen suicide.
- The teen pregnancy rate is currently approximately 29 percent.
- 9.2 percent of New York children between the ages of 4 and 17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported 1,141 juvenile arrests for property crime, 260 arrests for violent crime and 536 arrests for drug abuse.
- New York’s high school graduation rate is 77 percent.
If you have been looking into military schools in New York as a solution for your troubled son, we encourage you to consider a more therapeutic route. We are confident that your son is capable of becoming the mature and caring young man you know he can be, as long as he has the right kind of help. We are equipped to offer each of our students the supportive and secure environment they need in order to become receptive to the efforts to help them turn their lives around. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we have the same goal you do; to see your son become emotionally healthy and happy.
Why Should You Choose An Out Of State Program Rather Than A Military School In New York?
We understand that selecting the right program is intimidating and stressful. We want you to feel confident in the program you choose. While it is understandable that you want to keep your son close to home in a military school in New York, we encourage you to explore all of your options and remember that location is not as important as making sure that he is in a safe and experienced facility.
For questions about our program, please contact us at 866-678-2425. We are certain that we can help you determine the best solution for your family.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Servicing All Of New York Including The Following Cities:
New York City, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany, New Rochelle, White Plains, Hempstead, Niagara Falls, Troy, Binghampton, Freeport, Valley Stream, Rome, Long Beach, Poughkeepsie, North Tonawanda, Spring Valley, Jamestown, Ithaca, Elmira, Port Chester, Newburgh and Middletown