Behavioral issues in your teen can impact both their health and development as well as the family dynamic within your household. If the fighting and stress of dealing with your teen have left you unsure of what to do next, we may be able to help you. Sundance Canyon Academy is a teen help program designed to give families a more supportive and therapeutic option than the military schools in Maine. While such programs are ideal for boys that are interested in a military career, they do little to help troubled teens get to the root of their issues and truly heal. The challenges your son faces probably have less to do with lack of discipline than a negative compensation for a deeper problem.
Our approach combines the best of consistency and discipline along with loving support and therapy for the best and longest lasting results. Call us today to discuss what we can do for your troubled teen (866-678-2425.)
What Makes Us Unique?
Teens have different needs when it comes to recovery and healing as well as basic learning. We have created a curriculum that keeps kids engaged and motivated to keep moving forward. Some of what we offer includes:
- A family friendly environment where parents are encouraged to participate in their son’s recovery. We encourage family visits and have a program in place that helps both teens and their parents learn how to communicate better.
- While most facilities use a behavioral modification approach to get the fastest and most obvious results, we believe that it is more important to get to the core of the issue before behavior can be permanently changed. Our holistic methods treat our students as a whole rather than simply working on changing behavior.
- Students in our program can incorporate their educational goals into their routine here through our nationally accredited academic program. With the help of qualified instructors, your son and keep up with his class or get the extra help he needs at a comfortable pace for him.
- We offer a variety of therapeutic options in order to offer our students an experience that is well-rounded and likely to appeal to them on a personal level. Options like art, music and recreational therapy is a good way to supplement the more traditional group and therapy sessions with hands on solutions that help teens open up and explore their own strengths.
- We are also committed to helping teens learn how to balance their lives, which means that service projects and life skills training are also part of our curriculum.
- Once your son graduates, we offer continued support through our Aftercare program. Not only will your son get the help he needs as he readjusts back into daily life, but you will be able to ask questions and be guided through helping him maintain all the changes he has made.
Issues Maine Teens Face
The teens years are a time of discovery. While it is a phase that helps adolescents learn how to become independent adults, it can also lead to challenges and experiences that may be negatively life changing.
For instance, statistics for teens in Maine include:
- More than 2000 teens were arrested in 2008 for substance abuse, property crime and violent crime.
- 18% drink alcohol and 11% binge drink.
- 11th for youth suicide
- 30% teen pregnancy rate.
- 10% of new ADHD diagnoses each year.
- 84% graduation rate among high schoolers
If you have been feeling discouraged that your efforts have not yielded results with your son, we want you to know that some teens simply cannot make the changes they need to until they are removed to an environment that is free of the expectations, distractions and triggers that they face in their daily lives. Teen help programs like Sundance Canyon Academy are designed to provide a solution for families that have tried everything else. We are dedicated to helping each of our students improve and ultimately control his own recovery through strength based techniques that have already helped hundreds of teen boys. Our primary objective is to help each of our students discover their potential and achieve results that will last throughout their lives.
A Military School In Maine May Not Be The Most Successful Solution For Your Troubled Boy
We understand that keeping your son nearby seems like the best option, but we encourage you not to limit yourself to programs in Maine. Keep in mind that each state has different laws regulating their teen help programs, so you need to look carefully as you consider facilities. We are located in Utah, which is currently the best state for full time teen help programs, regarding safety, accreditation and experience. We know that this is an intimidating and stressful time for you and we are on hand to address any of your questions or concerns. Contact us today at 866-678-2425 and help your son take the first step toward a healthier future.
We Support Teens Throughout Maine, Including:
Portland, Westbrook, Bangor, Saco, South Portland, Augusta, Biddeford, Auburn, Caribou, Bath, Belfast, Ellsworth, Gardiner, Presque Isle, Old Town, Rockland and Brewer