If you are discouraged with your teen and his unwillingness to respond to your efforts to help him, look to us to decide what to do next. Sundance Canyon Academy, a full time therapeutic boarding school, is designed to help troubled teen boys in Florida and all over the nation learn how to overcome their behavioral issues and make positive changes from the inside out. The construction of our program allows boys to gain self-introspection and healthy confidence for skills that they can use throughout the rest of their lives. Our primary goal is to help each boy that comes to us return home more able to handle the day to day challenges that he faces and communicate better with peers, family and authority figures.
Although many parents gravitate toward military schools and boot camp style programs because they assume it is the best way to teach their sons to obey rules and be respectful, there are actually better options that are more targeted to what troubled boys need. For instance:
- Military schools are mainly designed to help teens get a head start in a military career. While they do place great emphasis on consistency and obedience, they do nothing to help troubled teens take care of the issues that are leading to behavior problems in the first place.
- Boot camps for troubled teens were once a common and popular option for struggling teens; however, the deprivation and intimidation used at such programs only generated short term results. Again, because the inner issues were not addressed, most participants eventually slipped back into old habits.
Learn more about Sundance Canyon Academy and how it will help your son more than the military schools in Florida by calling 866-678-2425.
Why Should You Consider Sundance Canyon Academy?
Over the years, we have crafted a unique and effective program that, rather than leaning on modification of behaviors through traditional therapy techniques, is based on uncovering inner strengths. Our approach encourages teens to explore and identify the source of their behavioral problems in order to begin healing on the deepest level, rather than simply work managing their symptoms. We have found that this method leads to better results and more positive long term changes. We are committed to helping each of our students discover their potential and develop the self-confidence they need to live a happy and emotionally healthy life. Through individualized plans, proven therapeutic methods and unparalleled support from experienced staff, we can offer your son an experience that will give him his greatest chance for success.
How Our Residential Treatment Center Can Help Your Troubled Boy From Florida
It is important to consider the benefits offered by each potential program so you can decide what will be the best match for him. At Sundance Canyon Academy, some of the things that set us apart from other programs are:
- A holistic therapy program that puts the impetus for change in each boy’s hands. He will gain the tools he needs to identify his triggers and self-regulate all on his own.
- We offer an accredited academic program that is overseen by licensed and well trained instructors. Teens move seamlessly forward in their education without many of the distractions they would experience in a more traditional school setting. We help them gain healthy study habits and work at a pace at which they are comfortable.
- We are located in Utah, which has the safest and most comprehensive laws in the nation when it comes to teen help programs. Parents throughout the country are reassured by the high standards and quality experience we provide.
- We provide an aftercare program that supports students and families as they navigate the delicate transition home. We are anxious to ensure that the hard work each boy does with us is maintained and used for many years to come.
- Our full time program offers respite for emotionally and physically exhausted parents. While you regroup and heal, you can rest easy knowing that your son is safely immersed in surroundings that are designed to help him succeed. While we encourage parental involvement throughout the program, you and your son will be guided toward making sure that your interaction is as healthy and helpful as possible.
Common Issues Teens From Florida Face
Issues that teens face during the adolescent years have the capability to cause long term consequences. For example, some of the statistics regarding teens in Florida include:
- 15 percent of Florida teens use illegal drugs on a monthly basis.
- 14 percent of teens drink alcohol every month.
- Concerning teen suicide, Florida is 37th in the nation.
- The pregnancy rate for Florida teens is approximately 19 percent.
- ADHD is diagnosed in 11.2 percent of Florida children every year.
- The current high school graduation rate for Florida teens is 77 percent.
- In 2018, there were 108 arrests for aggravated assault, 82 arrests for robbery, 944 arrests for larceny, 298 arrests for drug abuse and 43 arrests for weapons violations.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that every troubled teen is able to work through his issues and become a mature and capable young man as long as he has the right kind of help. We know that you have been doing everything you possibly can, but some teens cannot make the necessary changes without being removed from the triggers, temptations and distractions of their home environment. In more structured and consistent surroundings, your son will become more responsive to efforts to reach him and help him change his life.
Why Should You Consider An Out Of State Option Over A Military School In Florida For Troubled Teenage Boys?
We know that this has been a long and painful process and we want to reassure you that you do not have to face it alone. We offer a partnership where our goal is the same as yours; to help your son turn his life around and become a competent and successful adult. While we understand that a military school in Florida would be ideal in terms of location, please consider the biggest deciding factor is finding a program that is going to be a good fit for your son. In addition, professionals suggest that a complete change of environment is ideal for teens that need to start over.
For questions about Sundance Academy or the enrollment requirements, call us (866) 678-2425. We have helped hundreds of families in Florida find the healthiest path for their sons and we are confident that we can help you as well.
Sundance Canyon Academy Serves Troubled Boys In Florida From All Over The State:
Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Pembroke Pines, Cape Coral, Hollywood, Gainesville, Miramar, Coral Springs, Clearwater, Miami Gardens, Palm Bay and West Palm Beach