Raising a teen with severe behavioral issues can be discouraging, frustrating and stressful. If you have decided that full time care is the best option for your teen, we can help you. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time residential treatment center designed to help troubled boys learn how to manage their challenges and learn the skills they need for better decision making and a more positive future. Our location and the construction of our program makes us uniquely qualified to help him turn his life around and make positive changes that will benefit him for the rest of his life. We are dedicated to doing whatever is necessary to help each of our students return home happier and healthier individuals.
While many parents assume that a boot camp or military school program for teens is the best way to help troubled boys overcome their behavioral issues, this might not be the best solution. Although such programs do incorporate an environment of consistency and an emphasis on respect, there are missing factors that may keep your son from having the most effective experience possible. For instance:
- Military schools help teens that want a head start in a military career. They do not cater to individuals that need therapeutic intervention in order to get to the root of behavior issues.
- Boot camps for troubled teens were once the most popular option for struggling boys, but recent research has indicated that the results from such programs were short term, at best. While teens were intimidated into good behavior for a while, most reverted to their original habits and activities because the actual problem was never addressed.
If you have questions concerning our program and how it might be more effective for your son than the military schools in Colorado, please call us today at 866-678-2425. One of our experienced and caring staff is on hand to answer your questions and help you find a solution.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we have developed a curriculum that is relationship based, rather than relying on a behavior modification therapy approach. Our method encourages students to explore the core of their behavioral issues and identify the factors that lead to negative decisions. By healing from the inside out, troubled boys are more likely to make long term changes, rather than simply learn how to manage the symptoms of the greater problem. We are committed to helping each boy that comes to us heal through an individualized plan that caters to his needs and goals, and offers him the unparalleled support of experienced counselors and therapists.
How Our Residential Treatment Center Can Help Teens From Colorado
Our program is designed to help you as well as your son. We know that parental support plays a big role in the healing process and that you also need counseling and guidance. We provide a variety of advantages that offer each boy a full range of therapeutic intervention methods to give him his best chance for success. Some great the factors that set us apart from other programs are:
- A holistic, relationship based therapy program which encourages boys to identify their core issues through the use of a variety of modalities. Most programs overlook the deeper problem and simply focus on the symptoms. We have found that healing from the inside out is more effective.
- We provide a fully accredited academic program as well as licensed and experienced instructors and tutors. Regardless of where your son is in his education, we can help him move forward at his own pace.
- We are located in Utah, which has the best and most comprehensive laws governing teen help programs. Parents everywhere are anxious to place their teens in Utah facilities in order to take advantage of some of the highest standards for health, safety and accreditation in the country.
- Our valuable Aftercare program supports students and their families during the difficult transition home. We have found that this support helps teens avoid backsliding and promotes better long term results.
Common Issues Faced By Colorado Teens
Some of the issues that teens deal with these days have consequences that are potentially permanent. Some of the statistics regarding Colorado teens include:
- 5 percent of Colorado teens experiment with drugs on a monthly basis.
- 26 percent of teen boys admit drinking regularly.
- 9th in the nation for teen suicide.
- Colorado ranks 32nd in the country for teen pregnancy.
- 5.6 percent of children between 4-17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- In 2018, the U.S. Department of Justice reported over 1200 juvenile arrests.
- The graduation rate is at 77 percent in Colorado.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that each teen is capable of overcoming his issues with the right kind of help and therapy. Through consistency and work, we can help your son gain the tools he needs to recognize his triggers and self-correct. Full time facilities like ours are an ideal destination for severely troubled teens because it removes them from the distractions of daily home and social life, which allows them to become receptive to help and intervention.
Why Might An Out Of State Option Be A More Effective Option For Your Son Than A Military School In Colorado?
We understand that the process of dealing with a troubled teen is painful and that you want to choose the best option for your family. Our goal is to help you be confident in the program you choose. While the military schools in Colorado might keep him closer to home, the most important thing is making sure that wherever your son is placed is safe and experienced in his particular challenges.
We are here to answer all of your questions about our program or consult with you about your son. Please contact us at (866) 678-2425.