Making the decision to seek full time care outside of the home for your troubled teen boy can be one of the most intimidating decisions you ever make, but you are not alone. With the increasing numbers of troubled boys needing intensive help, more therapeutic boarding schools and residential treatment centers for teens are showing up throughout the country. While more choices is generally a good thing, it’s difficult to decide which facility and type of curriculum is going to help your teen the most. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we offer a unique approach to teen help that has proven to be successful for hundreds of families. Through the diligence and dedication of a highly trained and qualified staff, each of the boys in our care are treated like the individuals they are with treatment plans that are designed to meet their unique combination of needs. We place great emphasis on healing from the inside out for better, more long lasting results and we keep parents and families involved and informed every step of the way. Our program is evidence based and holistic and offers teens their best chance for making positive changes and moving on to successful adulthood.
If you are searching for a program or academy for troubled teen boys, we invite you to call now for a comprehensive and confidential consultation. Sundance Canyon Academy 1-866-678-2425
Why Is Sundance Canyon Academy The Best Choice?
Through our many years of experience, we have found that every teen is capable of making the changes he needs to turn his life around as long as he has the right intervention and environment. Our curriculum is specifically designed to engage our student and give them the motivation to keep up with the therapy process. Some of the things that set us apart from other facilities include:
- Holistic Approach – While behavior modification therapy makes up the basis for most residential treatment centers, we believe that a more holistic approach is needed. Our program encourages boys to explore their individual issues to determine the root of the problem rather than just addressing the resulting symptoms. Our method is designed for long lasting results and better allows us to create individualized treatment plans.
- Family Involvement – The support of parents and family member can make or break a teen’s healing process, so we feel it is important to include you right from the start. While there are some restrictions in order to help your son settle into the structure of his temporary home, we invite you to visit on campus as frequently as you are able for regular visitation and family therapy sessions. We want to make sure you have gained the communication skills you need to best support your son once he returns home.
- Personalized Treatment – We understand that your son is unique and his needs are not necessarily going to be the same as the other boys in the program. We offer personalized treatment plans for every teen in our program that changes and updates as he progresses.
- Education – Teens missing school concerns a lot of parents considering a therapeutic boarding school. We are nationally accredited academically and are able to offer courses that will allow your troubled boy to keep up with his class at home or get the additional help he needs to catch up. Our teachers are certified and experienced in working with troubled teens.
- Therapy – We have found that offering our students a variety of therapy options is the best way to keep them engaged. In addition to talk therapy, we offer hands on solutions like music, art, culinary and recreation therapy as a way to increase confidence and self-esteem
- Aftercare – During our program, your teen will work hard on making changes and learning how to navigate an environment that might not always be conducive to his progress. He will need your help to maintain his positive trajectory and may also need to occasionally speak with the therapists in our program that he has come to know and trust. Our Aftercare program gives you both the support you need to help him successfully reintegrate back into daily living.
- Location – Our Utah location means that we are on the doorstep of scenic mountains and ideal locations for outdoor adventures and activities. This state is also popular among parents because it has the most comprehensive and safest laws overseeing teen help programs in the nation. Parents throughout the country seek programs here for the quality and standards required of us.
Sundance Canyon Academy Can Help Your Teen Succeed
There are a number of issues that your teen may face in his daily life, which can result in decisions that threaten his future. Depression, anxiety, substance abuse, mental disorders, crime, trauma abuse and sexual promiscuity can all lead to behavioral issues that you may not be able to handle at home. It is normal to feel discouraged if your best efforts to help your troubled boy haven’t yielded results, but it is important to remember that some teens are simply unable to heal or grow when they are at the mercy of the triggers and temptations in their daily life. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we provide the rules and structure that will help your son move forward while also treating him with the love and support you want him to have. We share your primary goal to see your troubled teen move forward and become the person you know he is inside. We are also committed to making sure that you are provided with answers to your questions and concerns and that you are able to trust the decision you’ve made and have confidence in your child’s ability to succeed.
Why Is An Out Of State Academy For Troubled Teens Ideal?
We know that sending your son away is intimidating and that your impulse is to keep him as close to home as possible, but experts in teen psychology suggest that an entirely new environment is more likely to help him move forward therapeutically. When adolescents are able to leave behind the triggers, trauma or stigma of their life behind, they can more successfully reinvent themselves in a way that is positive and sustainable. We have helped hundreds of families rediscover their relationship through the healing of their troubled teen boy and we are confident that we can help you too. Contact us today at 866-678-2425.