If you have concerns about your teen’s severe behavioral problems, we can help you get him back on the right path. Sundance Canyon Academy is a residential facility designed to help troubled teens overcome their challenges and learn to cope in a healthy way. Located in northern Utah, we are ideally placed to offer a rural and peaceful setting as well as access to the recreational opportunities that appeal to teen boys. We are devoted to providing a supportive and healing experience for every troubled boy that comes to us for help. If you are looking for a school that is well rounded, experienced and safe, Sundance Canyon Academy is that place.
For more information on schools for troubled teens and the benefits we can offer, please contact us today for a consultation 866-678-2425.
Why Choose Sundance Canyon Academy?
We are dedicated to helping troubled teen boys from throughout the country overcome their behavioral issues and become better prepared for successful adulthood through the most effective solutions available. We understand that things like defiance, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, mental disorders and developmental issues during the adolescent years can set an individual up for life long challenges. We strive to provide each student with the individual care he needs to learn to manage his unique set of problems and make positive changes.
While behavior modification therapy is the technique employed by most schools for troubled teens, we have found that deeper exploration is required to help our students gain the skills they need for long term success. Rather than simply learning to manage the symptoms of a problem, our students are encouraged to determine the core of it and begin healing from the inside out. Our relationship and strength based program is designed to allow troubled boys become the agents of their own change through consistency, support and healing therapy.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Offer You
We know that you have expended a lot of care and energy on your son before you reached this point and may be feeling discouraged in your inability to help him improve. Please remember that some teens are simply unable to respond to help in their home environment where they are still at the mercy of daily triggers and temptations. That is why schools for troubled teens are the ideal environment for severely troubled teens. They provide a safe and monitored experience, where teens can be more receptive to self-introspection and healthy changes. The program we provide at Sundance Canyon Academy offers an ideal opportunity for teens to deal with the issues that lead to acting out, improve their mindset and develop coping skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. Some of the factors that make us particularly effective are:
- Therapy – We provide unique therapy opportunities for teens with a variety of behavioral difficulties. In addition to regular Group, Individual and Family sessions, we also offer a strength based approach to counseling that allows each boy to make changes for himself and better prepares him to continue to do so in the future. The experiential options we provide, like culinary, recreation and music therapy promotes relationship building, teamwork, creativity and practical problem solving skills.
- Individual Treatment Plans – Although the challenges your teen is facing is similar to many of his peers, he is unique in his reactions and motivation for change. Because of this, we provide an personal evaluation and individual plan of care for each boy in our care. Your son will receive regular one-on-one attention from our qualified counselors and therapists in order to make changes and adjustments as he works his way through the program.
- Education – We provide a nationally accredited academic course for our students. Your son will be tutored and guided at his own pace, in an educational setting that is free of many of the distractions of traditional school.
- Parental Involvement – We believe that parents should play a large role in the healing process of their son. We encourage on-campus visits during therapy sessions and during family hours and provide state of the art video conferencing for those parents a little further away.
- High Standards – Our reputation is based on positive and consistent results. We regularly welcome boys from throughout the country and are committed to providing an experience that is safe and effective. Parents often seek out Utah schools because the laws and regulations that govern teen help programs are the most comprehensive in the country. We assure you that our goal is to exceed the already stringent requirements regarding academics, accreditation and safety.
Statistics On Teens Needing Boarding Schools In Texas
- 8.9 percent of teens experiment with drugs every month.
- 16.4 percent of teens abuse alcohol
- 9.5 percent engage in binge drinking
- Texas ranks 31st in the nation for suicide
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported almost 2,000 teen arrests for things like violent crime, property crime, drug abuse and weapons violations.
- 7.7 percent of children between 4 and 17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- Texas has an 86 percent high school graduation rate
- Texas ranks 31st in the nation for suicide in individuals, age 15-24
Sundance Canyon Academy May Be A More Helpful Option Than The Therapeutic Boarding Schools In Texas
We know that sending your son to a school for troubled teens is not something you ever expected to have to do and we are anxious to give you the support you need to get through the process. We are confident that programs like ours can be life changing for teens with behavioral issues and offer a valuable partnership for parents that want to help their son, but have nowhere left to turn.
We look forward to speaking with you to discuss the ways we can help your family move forward. Contact us today at 1-866-678-2425
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Serving Troubled Boys In Texas From All Over The State, Including The Following Cities:
Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, El Paso, Arlington, Corpus Christi, Plano, Laredo, Lubbock, Garland, Irving, Amarillo, Grand Prairie, Brownsville, Pasadena, Mesquite, McKinney, McAllen, Killeen, Waco, Carollton, Beaumont, Abilene