If you have decided that a therapeutic boarding school in South Carolina is best option for your troubled teen son, we can help you find the solution that will be most effective for him. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time therapeutic boarding school dedicated to helping at-risk teen boys learn how to manage and overcome challenges like depression, defiance, anger, substance abuse and mental disorders. Through a variety of therapeutic methods along with consistency and loving support, we are equipped to guide your son toward better decision making and healthier coping skills for day to day triggers. Our primary goal is to help boys, just like yours, prepare to lead a life that is happy and emotionally healthy.
For more information on therapeutic boarding schools in South Carolina for troubled teenage boys and the specific ways that our program can benefit your son, please contact us today at 866-678-2425.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we have developed a program that is unique to other facilities. While most implement behavior modification therapy techniques, we have found that this approach only addresses the symptoms of the greater problem. Our strength based therapy method encourages boys to explore and identify the root of their issues so that they can truly heal from the inside out. Our solution leads to better and more permanent results. We also offer a variety of therapy modalities in order to individualize each student’s plan of care and target his unique combination of needs.
How Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Benefit Troubled Teenage Boys From South Carolina
It is important to look carefully at what each potential facility is offering when looking into potential programs for your son. A well-rounded experience is ideal for teen boys because a multi-sensory approach is more likely to keep them engaged and progressing. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we provide:
- Relationship and strength based therapy opportunities that put the impetus for change in each boy’s hands and allow him to develop new skills and confidence.
- Options for parental involvement. While some programs feel that keeping parents away from their teens for the first several months is the best way to help boys change their mindset and negative habits, we feel that the healing process is a family affair. Parents are encouraged to take part in their son’s treatment, where applicable, so they can be informed and capable of helping him maintain his hard work after he returns home.
- An accredited academic program that allows each boy to get the help and tutoring he needs to meet his educational goals and progress at a pace that is comfortable for him.
- Teamwork and opportunities to learn balance. We feel that being able to maintain balance between work and play is an essential skill for a healthy life. We encourage each of our students to practice this on a daily basis.
Issues That Troubled Teens In South Carolina Face
With the challenges that teens today must face, it doesn’t take a lot for them to make a decision that can lead to permanent consequences. Issues like crime, depression, substance abuse and sexual promiscuity can have a lasting effect on both the family and the community.
Some of the main challenges that South Carolina teens face include:
- 5.2 percent of teens experiment every month with illicit drugs.
- 13 percent of teens drink alcohol on a monthly basis.
- 7.6 percent of South Carolina teens engage in binge drinking.
- South Carolina ranks 27th in the nation for adolescent suicide.
- Pregnancy rates for teens in the state are between 44 and 39 percent.
- 12 percent of children in South Carolina between 4 and 17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- Graduation rates for South Carolina high schools are at 74 percent.
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported 784 juvenile arrests for property crime, 192 arrests for violent crime and 388 arrests for Drug Abuse.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that every troubled boy has the capacity to turn his life around and become a mature and emotionally healthy individual as long as he has the right help. One of the benefits of our program is the opportunity for you to remove your son from the triggers and temptations he deals with every day that are impossible to entirely remove from his environment. With us, he will get the distance he needs to become more receptive to help and see the changes in himself more clearly. We are equipped to help him gain the skills he needs to overcome his challenges now and in the future.
An Out Of State Option May Be A More Effective Treatment For Your Troubled Teen Boy Than A Therapeutic Boarding School in South Carolina
We understand that this has been a long and difficult road and we want you to know that we are here to help you navigate the process of finding the best solution for your son. We encourage you to consider that the location of a potential program is ultimately less important than selecting the one that will give your teen the best chance for success. We are located in northern Utah, which has the most comprehensive regulation and safety laws in the country governing teen help programs. This means that your son will be participating in one of the safest and highest quality programs available. Boys attending our facility consistently complete the program as happier and healthier individuals with positive long term results.
For questions about our program or enrollment, please contact us for a consultation at (866) 678-2425. We have years of experience helping families from South Carolina find the best fit for their troubled son and his unique needs. We look forward to helping you as well.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Serving Troubled Boys In South Carolina From All Over The State, Including The Following Cities:
Columbia, Hanahan, Charleston, Goose Creek, Simpsonville, North Charleston, Easley, Mount Pleasant, North Augusta, Rock Hill, Mauldin, Greenville, Greenwood, Summerville, Greer, Sumpter, Hilton Head Island, Anderson City, Florence, Myrtle Beach, Aiken, and Spartanburg