If you are looking for a solution to help your troubled teen, you may have considered a full time facility. Choosing a program that will fully meet your teen’s needs is important and we can help you with the right match for your family. Sundance Canyon Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that specializes in helping troubled teen boys with every type of challenge learn to deal with issues like anger, defiance, depression, substance abuse and mental disorders. Our progressive therapy program enables boys to become the agents of their own change and develop the right skills to lead an emotionally successful life. We place great emphasis on healing from the inside out for the best results.
For further questions about the ways Sundance Canyon Academy can be more effective for your son that the therapeutic boarding schools in North Carolina, please call us today for a free consultation 866-678-2425.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
Sundance Canyon Academy differs from other facilities in several ways. Most notably, we have developed a strength based curriculum that encourages boys to explore and identify the factors that lead to behavior problems in the first place. Most programs rely on behavior modification techniques, which only address the symptoms of the problem. We feel that healing must happen at the deepest level if changes are going to be long term. Once teens are able to recognize their own triggers, they can implement the skills they learn here to avoid bad decisions. Our approach also allows them to take the burden of change into their own hands with the help of experienced therapists and counselors. Any individual can learn to do what they are told, but we teach our students how to self-regulate, which is a skill that they can benefit from their entire lives.
How Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Help Your Teen
Many years of experience have gone into designing our unique program and we feel that we offer a variety of benefits that offer troubled boys their greatest chance for success. Some of factors that make up our program are:
- We have designed a unique relationship based therapy method that encourages boys to identify the root of their issues and focus on fixing it. Other facilities offer behavior modification techniques, which only address the symptoms.
- Our smaller facility allows for more one-on-one interaction between the students and their counselors and therapists. This extra attention allows the staff to make changes in each boy’s plan of care as he works his way through the program.
- We provide a fully accredited academic program with highly qualified teachers and tutors. Students are able to repair their grades, stay on track with their class at home and transfer any completed credits.
- Through a wide variety of therapy modalities such as individual, group, family, recreation and music, as well as many life skills opportunities, we are able to tailor each student’s plan of care to fit his needs and interests.
- Our Aftercare program guides teens and their parents through the transition home in order to promote long term results.
Common Challenges Teens in North Carolina Face
Many of the challenges that teens face can lead to deep rooted behaviors that result in long term or permanent consequences.
For North Carolina teens:
- 14.3% abuse alcohol and 8.9% binge drink.
- 35th in the country for teen suicide.
- 49.8% pregnancy rate.
- 15.6% of children diagnosed with ADHD each year.
- Over 2500 teens arrested for issues like substance abuse, weapons violations and violent and property crime.
- 78% high school graduation rate.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that every troubled boy has the potential to turn his life around and become mature and caring. With the right kind of help and individualized treatment plans, he can discover his potential and go on to discover a successful future. While you may have done everything you can think of to help your son, some teens are unable to be receptive to efforts on their behalf until they are removed from the daily triggers and temptations in their home environment. We are equipped to help your family make the changes needed to find happiness and peace again.
An Out Of State Program May Be A More Effective Option For Your Son Than The Therapeutic Boarding Schools In North Carolina
We understand that a therapeutic boarding school in North Carolina feels more ideal because you get to keep your son close to home, but we encourage you to consider the benefits of looking a little further afield. Professionals often suggest that a complete change of environment is particularly helpful for teens that need a fresh start without any previous associations. In addition, we are located in Utah, which has the best and most comprehensive laws regarding teen help programs. Parents throughout the country are anxious to make sure their sons are able to heal in our safe and experienced hands.
Please contact us today for more information 866-678-2425. We have helped hundreds of troubled boys discover their potential and we are certain that we can help your son as well.
We Are Currently Serving All Of North Carolina, Including The Cities Of:
Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Wilmington, High Point, Cary, Greenville, Gastonia, Jacksonville, Asheville, Rocky Mount, Chapel Hill, Concord, Burlington, Huntersville, Kannapolis, and Wilson.