If you are dealing with a teen that is making choices that affect his future and development, we can help you find a solution. Sundance Canyon Academy is an all boys therapeutic boarding school designed to help troubled teens from Illinois learn to manage their behavioral issues. Our primary goal is to help each of our students learn to recognize their triggers and develop healthy coping techniques. If you have been unable to help your son turn his life around, Sundance Canyon Academy is a place where he can gain the skills he needs in order to become a healthy and happy individual.
For questions about therapeutic boarding schools in Illinois or the ways we can help your troubled boy, please contact us today at 866-678-2425.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we have spent many years perfecting a program that is holistic and strength based, rather than relying on behavior management therapy techniques like so many facilities do. We believe that true recovery comes from addressing the core of the problem, rather than simply focusing on the symptoms. Once our students determine what is causing their negative behavior, they can begin to heal from the inside out for more permanent results. We provide each boy with an individualized treatment plan that caters to his unique combination of needs as well as his personal motivation. While our experienced counselors and therapists are there for support and guidance throughout the process, our program puts the incentive for change in each teen’s hands. In this way, he gains the tools he needs to self-regulate for the rest of his life.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Offer Troubled Boys From Illinois
Therapeutic boarding schools are ideal places for severely troubled teens because they remove them from their usual environment with its daily triggers and challenges. In supportive and carefully monitored surroundings, struggling boys have the opportunity to reduce distractions and become more receptive to learning new skills and coping methods.
Our program at Sundance Canyon Academy:
- Keeps parents involved in their son’s treatment plan. Unlike many facilities, we believe that the healing process requires consistent participation from parents and family members. Through regular visits and therapy sessions, each student is encouraged to improve his communication skills and relationship with his family.
- Offers the combination of consistency, love and discipline required to help boys overcome their challenges and make positive changes.
- Provides experiential therapy options that give boys the opportunity to participate in hands-on activities that help them connect to the program on an individual level.
- Offers academic courses that are nationally accredited and allow them to move forward with their education without the distractions they experience at a traditional school.
- Helps boys learn how to balance work and play with a carefully integrated therapy curriculum that combines traditional methods and life skills.
Issues That Troubled Teens in Illinois Face
Getting through the adolescent years is almost always tricky, but temptations are more prevalent than ever in our modern society. Issues like crime, substance abuse and depression can put a teen on a path that he may not be able to steer away from on his own.
Some of the main challenges that Illinois teens face are:
- 9.5 percent of teens in Illinois experiment every month with illicit drugs.
- 17.2 percent of teens report drinking alcohol and 10.5 percent participate in binge drinking.
- Illinois ranks 45th in the nation for teen suicide
- Pregnancy rates for adolescents between 15 and 19 are at 39 percent
- 6.2 percent of children in Illinois are diagnosed with ADHD every year
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported 1,066 arrests for violent crime, 1,850 arrests for property crime and 1,843 arrests for weapons violations.
- The statewide high school graduation rate for Illinois is 84 percent
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we understand that issues like those listed can lead to long term or potentially permanent consequences if a teen doesn’t receive help. It is our firm belief that every troubled boy is capable of finding a more positive path with the right kind of opportunity. We share your goal to see your troubled son learn how to manage his challenges and become the kind and caring young man you know he can be. Take advantage of our unparalleled support for both you and your teen as he heals and embraces his potential.
Should You Consider Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Troubled Teenage Boys Outside Of Illinois?
We understand that this can be a difficult and emotional situation and we want you to know that you do not have to face it alone. We are dedicated to helping families like yours navigate this process and find the best solution.
While an Illinois boarding school might seem ideal, the location of a potential facility is less important than making sure it is a good fit for your son. Utah has the best laws and regulations in the country for teen help programs, making it a popular destination for parents seeking quality, safety and peace of mind.
For information about Sundance Canyon Academy or a consultation on the ways we can help your son, please contact us at 866-678-2425. We have helped hundreds of parents in Illinois find the best solution for their teen and we are confident that we can help you too.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Serving Troubled Boys In Illinois From All Over The State, Including The Following Cities:
Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, Cicero, Champaign, Bloomington, Decatur, Arlington, Evanston, Schaumburg, Bolingbrook, Palatine and Skokie