If you are a parent that has decided a therapeutic boarding school in Florida is the best step for your troubled teen, we can help you. Sundance Canyon Academy is a full time treatment center, dedicated to helping troubled teen boys from Florida learn how to overcome their challenges by developing healthy coping mechanisms.We are located in the scenic beauty and peace of the Rocky Mountains and offer a consistent environment of therapy and support where your son can make positive changes and become prepared to lead a healthier and happier life.
For more information on schools for troubled boys in Florida and the ways that Sundance Canyon Academy can help your son, please contact us today at 866-678-2425.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we have created and implemented a unique program that encourages teens identify and focus on the root of their issues in order to heal from the inside out. Many facilities utilize behavior modification therapy techniques, which only address the symptoms of the greater problem, and leave teens open to the possibility of a relapse. Our strength based approach combines various types of therapy, like experiential options, in addition to the traditional solutions such as group, family and individual therapy sessions. We have found that when our method is individualized to suit each student’s unique combination of needs, it generates greater confidence and better results.
How Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Benefit Troubled Boys From Florida
When looking for a solution to help your struggling boy, it is important to fully understand what each potential facility is offering. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we provide:
- Holistic therapy opportunities that allow boys to be the agent of their own change. This style of learning, along with hands-on experiences caters to the way that teens learn and develop and helps them become more personally accountable for their actions.
- Options for parental involvement. While many programs feel that keeping parents at a distance is the best way to help their son change his habits and mindset, we believe that family participation is an important part of each student’s healing process. As they make changes together, they are more equipped to communicate effectively and contribute to a stronger family unit.
- An accredited academic program that allows boys to move forward with their educational goals at a pace that is more comfortable for them. They can work on improving their grades and developing new study habits without the distractions they encounter in more traditional school settings.
- Teamwork and opportunities to learn balance. Our students are taught how to work together as a team, while also practicing a healthy balance of work and play. These skills are essential for a healthy life.
Issues That Troubled Teenage Boys In Florida Face
Teens today face a world of temptations and triggers and it doesn’t take much for an adolescent decision to result in life-long consequences. Issues like depression, crime and substance abuse not only weaken the family unit, but also the community as a whole.
Some of the main challenges that Florida teens face include:
- 10 percent of teens in Florida experiment every month with illicit drugs.
- 16.8 percent of teens drink alcohol on a monthly basis.
- 9.1 percent of Florida teens engage in binge drinking.
- Florida ranks 41st in the nation for adolescent suicide.
- Pregnancy rates for teens in Florida are between 30.7 and 39 percent.
- 11.6 percent of children in Florida between 4 and 17 are diagnosed with ADHD every year.
- Graduation rates for Florida high schools are at 71 percent.
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported 2,062 juvenile arrests for property crime, 471 arrests for violent crime and 731 arrests for Drug Abuse.
At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are confident that every boy has the potential to turn his life around and become an emotionally successful individual. We are dedicated to guiding troubled teens to a place where they can embrace their strengths and potential and learn to manage their weaknesses.
We recognize that raising a troubled boy is exhausting and painful and it may be difficult to accept the fact that you can no longer help him at home. Please understand that some teens need to be completely removed from their usual environment before they can become receptive to any efforts to help them. The right program can be life changing and we pride ourselves on offering a program with a strong history of success.
An Out Of State Option May Be More Effective Than A Therapeutic Boarding School in Florida
We understand that this decision to look for a school for troubled teens has come after a long road of trying to help your troubled son. We want you to know that you do not have to navigate this intimidating process alone. We encourage you to consider that although a facility close to home might feel ideal, it is less important than selecting one that is going to be a good fit for your son and give you the peace of mind you need. Utah has the most comprehensive laws in the country when it comes to teen help programs and we strive to exceed the state’s already high industry standards.
For questions about our program or enrollment, please contact us for a consultation at (866) 678-2425. Over the years, we have successfully helped hundreds of families looking for schools for troubled boys in Florida find a better solution for their troubled teens. We look forward to helping you as well.
Sundance Canyon Academy Is Currently Serving Troubled Boys In Florida From All Over The State, Including The Following Cities:
Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Pembroke Pines, Cape Coral, Hollywood, Gainesville, Miramar, Coral Springs, Clearwater, Miami Gardens, Palm Bay, West Palm Beach