If you are concerned about the long term effects of your son’s behavior and are looking into therapeutic boarding schools in California, we can help you find a solution. Sundance Canyon Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that helps troubled teenage boys in California develop healthier coping mechanisms for daily challenges through a unique therapeutic approach. We offer a relationship based program can help your son identify his triggers and temptations and learn how to overcome them. Our experienced counselors and therapists are dedicated to maintaining an environment of support where troubled teens can make positive changes.
For questions about therapeutic boarding schools in California and the ways that Sundance Canyon Academy can help your son, please contact us at 866-678-2425 for a consultation. We are standing by to help you determine what will help your family heal and move forward.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
We have spent many years developing a program that helps troubled boys identify and target the root of their issues. Many programs use behavioral modification therapy techniques to simply address the symptoms of the greater problem, leaving their students at risk of relapsing. When boys are able to start at the core and heal from the inside out, their chances of maintaining all their hard work and positive changes greatly increase. We offer consistency, experience and support to each of our students, while allowing them to become the agent of their own change. This strength based approach allows teens to develop skills that they can use for good for the rest of their lives.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Offer Your Troubled Teenage Boy
- Parental Involvement – We have found that when parents are involved in their son’s healing process, it benefits the entire family. Although your son would be staying with us full time, we welcome parents on campus for regular visits as well as face to face therapy sessions. For those families a little further away, we provide exceptional video conferencing options.
- Holistic Therapy – Our therapy curriculum is designed to include a number of experiential options like recreation, music, culinary and art therapy. This helps teens expand their creativity, develop better interpersonal skills and learn how to communicate effectively. We also combine these options with traditional group, family and individual therapy sessions. Offering a variety of therapy options increases the chances that each boy will be able to improve on a level that is personal to him.
- Academics – Our program includes nationally accredited academic classes. Experienced and licensed instructors tutor each student at a pace that works for him. Statistically, poor students are far more likely to improve when they are removed from the social and emotional distractions of a traditional school setting.
- Aftercare – Teen boys that attend our program must work hard to achieve their goals and we are dedicated to giving them the tools to maintain their progress. Transitioning back into daily life can be difficult, so we offer an Aftercare program that supports both teens and their parents throughout the return home.
Teens In California Face Many Challenges
Teens today must struggle more than ever in order to successfully navigate adolescence. Although you may feel isolated and alone at times, there are many families whose teens are dealing with the same issues as yours. Substance abuse, crime and depression not only have a negative effect on the family, but on the community as a whole. Some of the statistics for juveniles in California include:
- 10.9 percent of teens report experimenting with illicit drugs each month.
- Approximately 15.7 percent of teens report regularly drinking alcohol and 9.8 percent have participated in binge drinking
- A 2008 report from the U.S. Department of Justice stated that in that year, 414 teens were arrested for violent crime, 1,153 were arrested for property crime and 523 were arrested for substance abuse.
- Teen suicide ranks California 45th in the country
- Teen pregnancy rates are approximately 35 per 1,000
- 6.2 % of kids in the state are newly diagnosed with ADHD each year.
- California’s statewide high school graduation rate is 76%.
Raising a troubled teen that is participating in such behavior can be frightening because they are not only endangering their present; they are threatening their future as well. Negative decisions made as a teenager can have far reaching and often permanent consequences. Because extreme behavior often requires extreme measures, removing your teen entirely from the triggers and temptations of his everyday environment is often the only way to help him become receptive to the changes that will help him turn his life around.
This “emotional detoxification” can only be successfully achieved through therapy and experienced support. Sundance Canyon Academy is an ideal place for boys struggling with many of the issues that plague this generation of adolescents and we are devoted to helping each of our students gain the tools they need in order to overcome the challenges they face both now and in the future. If your son is not responding to your efforts to help him at home, please consider the experience and benefits that we can offer over the boy’s boarding schools in California.
Should You Look For A Therapeutic Boarding School In California, Or Consider An Out Of State Option?
We encourage you to place the highest priority on selecting the program that is going to be a match for your son’s needs, rather than limit yourself to the troubled teen boarding schools in California. Parents throughout the country have been entrusting their sons to Sundance Canyon Academy for many years. Not only is our northern Utah location ideal for the adventure therapy that helps students build self-confidence, Utah also has the safest and most comprehensive teen help laws in the country. We take great pride in exceeding our already strict regulations when it comes to health, safety, experience and accreditation. While keeping your son close to home seems ideal, location should be less important than choosing the facility that will offer your son his greatest chance for success.
We are confident that your son has the capacity to overcome his issues and become the mature and contributing young man you know he is. Call us today at 866-678-2425 and let us help you put your family back on the path to happiness and peace.
Sundance Canyon Academy Has Helped Troubled Teens Throughout California, Including:
Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno, Long Beach, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Bakersfield, Sacramento, Riverside, Stockton , Santa Ana, Anaheim, Chula Vista, Irvine, Modesto, Oxnard Fremont, San Bernardino, and Fontana.