If you have tried everything you can do to get your troubled teen boy to turn his life around, with no results, we have a solution. Sundance Academy is a therapeutic boarding school with a proven track record of helping thousands of boys from Wisconsin and across the country through a unique and effective program. Our curriculum successfully combines all of the elements that teens need in order to learn how to manage daily temptations and learn how to self-regulate their behavior. Through support, consistency and careful monitoring by experienced therapists and counselors, your son can get the help he needs for a more promising future.
For further information on the ways that Sundance Canyon Academy can help your teen more than the schools for troubled boys in Wisconsin, call us today for a personal consultation (866) 678-2425.
Why Sundance Canyon Academy?
We have spent many years honing our program to address both the needs of troubled boys as well as catering to the unique ways that they learn and grow. As a result, we have learned that our students heal best when they are able to explore and identify the root of their issues. Many schools focus only on the symptoms of the greater problem, but we feel that unless boys are able to recover from the inside out, they are at risk of returning to bad habits and behaviors. Our caring and experienced staff is dedicated to helping each student work through an individualized plan of care that is adjusted and redesigned as he meets his goals. What makes our program particularly unique is that we offer situations and experiences that allow each boy to become the agent of his own change. As he learns how to moderate his actions, he is developing skills that he can use for the rest of his life.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Do For Troubled Teens From Wisconsin
Full time treatment centers, like therapeutic boarding schools for boys are a valuable resource for parents that aren’t sure where else to turn. Issues like defiance, depression, anxiety, substance abuse and mental disorders can be difficult to manage in the home environment where your son is subject to distractions and the temptations of his social group and everyday life. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we offer the following:
- Parental Involvement – Families are encouraged to participate in their son’s healing journey and we offer a variety of ways that parents can take part, even when they are not close enough to come in person on a regular basis.
- Strength Based Therapy – Our strength/relationship based therapy approach is designed to help teens develop confidence and improve their communication skills.
- Academics – We offer a nationally accredited academic program where students can move forward at their own pace with the help of licensed instructors.
- Recreation and Life Skills – In addition to traditional therapy, we offer our students a variety of experiential options, like recreation, cooking, music and art. Each boy is encouraged to develop his self-confidence through creativity and the development of new skills. Boys in our program also participate in regular service projects as a way to practice empathy and teamwork.
- Aftercare – We want your son to succeed, both while he is with us and long after he returns home. We have designed an Aftercare program that offers therapeutic support to both teens and their parents as they work on integrating back into regular life.
Issues Wisconsin Teens Face
Challenges that teens face today can lead to potentially permanent consequences. If parents in Wisconsin are going to be proactive about helping their teen, they must first understand what they are up against.
For Wisconsin teens:
- In 2008, there were 238 juvenile arrests for drug abuse, 279 arrests for violent crime and 2,588 arrests for property crime.
- 22.6% abuse alcohol and 14.4% binge drink.
- 5.4% experiment with drugs each month.
- 14th in the country for teen suicide.
- 29.4% pregnancy rate
- 9.9% of kids in the state diagnosed with ADHD each year.
- 87% high school graduation rate.
If you are feeling discouraged that none of your efforts to help your son have been enough to get him on a better path, please remember that some teens need a stricter environment than you could ever provide at home. At Sundance Canyon Academy, we are equipped to help struggling boys through loving care, consistency and proven therapeutic methods. We are confident that with the right help, each troubled teen is able to overcome his issues and become caring, mature and healthy. We work hard to provide an environment that you can trust and where your son can thrive.
Should You Consider An Out Of State Option Over A Therapeutic Boarding School For Boys In Wisconsin?
The lifestyle and program that we offer at Sundance Canyon Academy might be exactly what your son needs for positive and permanent changes. While we understand that you would prefer to keep your son closer to home in a Wisconsin therapeutic boarding school, many professionals suggest that placing your son in entirely new surroundings can help him make a fresh start. Additionally, our location means that we offer one of the highest quality programs anywhere because Utah has the best and most comprehensive laws regulating teen help programs in the country. We constantly strive to exceed the already high standards we are subject to.
We know that this process is painful and intimidating and we are committed to helping you achieve your goal; a happier and healthier teen. We have helped many families from Wisconsin recover peace in their home and we are confident that we can help you as well. Call us today at (866) 678-2425 and take the first step toward recovery.
We Are Currently Helping Families In Every City Throughout Wisconsin, Including:
Milwaukee, Green Bay, Manitowoc, Menomonee Falls, Franklin, Kenosha, Madison, Racine, Waukesha, Janesville, La Crosse, Oshkosh, Appleton, Eau Claire, Sheboygan, West Allis, Wauwatosa, Fond du Lac, Wausau, Brookfield, New Berlin, Beloit, Greenfield, and Oak Creek.