Raising a child with behavioral problems can be a painful and frustrating experience for a parent, especially when nothing they do to help seems to make a difference. In such cases, teens may need more thorough intervention in order to make the changes they need for a successful future. While you may begin your research with the boys boarding schools in Tennessee, we urge you to explore the many options available to you throughout the country. In fact, many teens show greater improvement when they are placed in a facility further from home. Some of the reasons for this are:
- A challenging environment that doesn’t have the temptations and triggers they associate with home. Each boy can reinvent himself and begin again in controlled surroundings as he learns to recognize his potential and deal with his challenges in a healthy way.
- Families can get some temporary distance from each other and the negative daily interaction they are cycling through. With the help of experienced therapists, each side is guided toward healthier interaction and a more solid relationship.
- 24 hour programs offer parents physical and emotional respite from the tension and worry that comes with managing a struggling teen. While parents rest, they can be confident that their teen is in safe and experienced hands devoted to helping him learn to make better decisions.
- Every state has different regulations that govern their teen help facilities. As a result, some parents must look elsewhere for the highest standards of care, experience and safety. Utah is the most popular place for struggling teens because the laws are the most inclusive in the country.
We Can Help Troubled Boys Become Healthy
Sundance Canyon Academy has been helping teens more effectively than the troubled boys schools in Tennessee for years. Among the unique advantages we offer are:
- A specially designed program that helps troubled boys identify and target the root of their challenges so they can heal at the deepest level. Most facilities use behavior modification therapy techniques, which only focus on the indications of the bigger issue.
- Our academic program is nationally accredited and overseen by licensed and experienced instructors. Each teen is able to work on his education his own pace.
- We offer a varied therapy curriculum that includes recreation, music and experiential opportunities along with the usual group, family and individual sessions. Our students also participate in life skills activities that help them have a comprehensive experience.
Sundance Canyon Academy Can Help Your Teen
We recognize that you want what is best for your teen and we are anxious to help you find a solution that gives you peace of mind. While the troubled boys schools in Tennessee seem ideal because they are close to home, we encourage you to remember that safety and experience are the most important factors for giving your son the best possible experience.
For questions about our program or a consultation regarding your teen, please contact us today at (888) 678-2425.