If you are worried about the impact your teenage son’s behavior will have on his future, we can help you find a solution that will help lead him back to a better path. Sundance Canyon Academy is an excellent alternative to the therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Kentucky because it has all the components in place to help troubled teens find success in overcoming their challenges, no matter what the cause. Located in Utah, we are ideally placed to offer the recreational opportunities that are a valuable part of any teen recovery program. We are dedicated to providing the most supportive and well-rounded therapeutic experience for our students and our primary goal is to help them gain the skills they need to overcome their issues and be more prepared to live an emotionally and physically healthy life.
For more information on how Sundance Canyon Academy might be more beneficial for your son than the therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Kentucky, please contact us today for a consultation. 866-678-2425.
Why Choose Sundance Canyon Academy?
Sundance Canyon Academy is focused on therapy, academics, recreational therapy and teaching life skills. We are licensed, accredited and staffed by experienced professionals that implement a unique and proven strength based program that helps boys learn how to self-regulate and become the agents of their own change. Hundreds of boys from Kentucky and other states have been helped at Sundance Canyon Academy with issues like ADD/ADHD, bipolar, abuse trauma, adoption or abandonment issues, ODD, anger issues, addiction and substance abuse, low self-esteem, depression and anxiety.
Each teen receives the best care, guidance and training to find real solutions in gaining control over any issues moving forward. We also have an excellent transition program as well, to help teens and their parents move forward rather than revert back to old patterns and habits.
What Our Therapeutic Boarding School Can Offer Troubled Teens From Kentucky
We know that you want the best for your son and you may be feeling discouraged about his lack of improvement. It may help to remember that some teens need to be removed from the distractions and temptations of their day to day life before they can be receptive to positive help. We offer a safe and neutral environment where students can explore and identify the core of their issues and successfully heal from the inside out. Some of the other advantages of placing your son with us include:
- We offer a consistent environment that allows teens to participate in structured activities.
- Licensed and experienced counselors provide individual and group therapy so teen scan get to the heart of their issues.
- Professional teachers ensure that teens stay on course academically.
- Recreational therapy is used to boost self-esteem, create friendships and introduce teens to new activities and hobbies.
- Teens are taught life skills to help them transition back to the “real world.”
- Parents are encouraged to participate in their son’s treatment plan and will also receive guidance and coaching from our experienced staff. We feel that it is important to make sure the whole family is on the path to healing, so they can be an effective support for their teen when he returns home.
Common Challenges Faced By Kentucky Teens
Issues that teens face these days have more potential than ever to result in consequences that are long term or even permanent. Not only do common challenges threaten the health and development of teens, they also impact the family unit as well as the community. For instance:
- In 2008, the U.S. Department of Justice reported over 4,000 juvenile arrests in Kentucky for things like property crime, violent crime and drug abuse.
- The teen pregnancy rate in the state is approximately 60 percent per 1,000.
- 12.4 percent of children in Kentucky are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD every year.
- 18.1 percent of teens abuse alcohol with 11.6 percent of them engaging in binge drinking.
- Marijuana use among teens is 8 percent with other illicit drug use making up another 6.8 percent.
- Kentucky ranks 37th in the nation for teen suicide.
- The high school graduation rate for teens in Kentucky is approximately 77 percent.
We believe that every boy is capable of overcoming his issues with the right kind of therapy and support. We strive to provide the best experience for teens and their families, based on a therapeutic curriculum that we have spent many years perfecting. You don’t have to shoulder the burden of a troubled teen alone anymore. We share your goal to see him become the caring and contributing individual you know he can be. Sundance Canyon Academy is a place where troubled teens can thrive, regardless of their challenges.
Should You Choose A Therapeutic Boarding School For Boys In Kentucky, Or Consider An Out Of State Option?
While it’s overwhelming for parents to think about placing their son in a boarding school program, they can get peace of mind knowing they’ve picked the right school. For Kentucky teens, Sundance Canyon Academy is the best place. Located in Utah, it is far enough away to ensure teens have a new experience, with new surroundings and outdoor recreational opportunities they aren’t used to. In addition, Utah has the most comprehensive and strict laws in the nation regarding teen help programs, which means that our facility is one of the safest and most high quality programs in the country.
We look forward to speaking with you to discuss the ways we can help your family recover and move forward. Contact us today at 1-866-678-2425.